Mass Stream for 13th Sunday of the year 27th July at 21:00
Changes in how Church operates.
The Bishops' Conference has issued new guidelines commensurate with Stage 3 of the Government's roadmap out of the current lockdown and restrictions. We will implement these slowly over the next few weeks. The rule is now
- 1m plus mitigating factors such as the continued use of face masks and hand sanitising etc.
- The seating capacity has now been increased to 245 persons. Please seat yourselves sensibly with due regard to other parishioners' space.
- There is no longer a requirement for marshals when there is no danger of overcrowding, so there will thus be no marshals at the 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Masses on Sundays or any weekday Masses.
- At Masses with no marshals, please come up to Communion as one would have done before current restrictions, starting from the front of the Church and working backwards.
- Please do no return to your place via the central aisles but rather via the side aisles and please keep a sensible distance.
- Communion will remain under one kind on the hand, but the priest will say to each individual 'The Body of Christ' to which the communicant replies 'Amen'.
- Readers will use the lectionary at the ambo and not be issued with the readings on loose sheets.
- Please remember if you do not wear a mask to church, to sit in the area in front of the Lady Chapel.
- Current arrangements for confessions and for exiting the Church etc will remain in place for the time being.
Further changes will be made in a few weeks' time. The emphasis needs to be on personal responsibility for one's own well-being and that of others. Thank you for your co-operation over the past year and into the future.
Please use the form below to make ad-hoc contributions to the work of the Parish.
This system does not yet allow you to set up an account for the Gift Aid system, but is the same payment system as the terminals in church ("tap and go" terminals). You will soon be able to register here for gift aid giving, and then your contributions made on the terminals will also be gift aided.
Most Recent Page Changes
- Home Page Tue 22 Jun
- Newsletter for the Catholic Community in Cheltenham Sat 19 Jun
- First Holy Communion Fri 18 Jun
- Wedding of Claire and Alex 12th June 2021 Fri 04 Jun
- Rota for Stewarding Private Prayer Mon 31 May
|A prayer for our enemies|
|St Thomas More, 1535|
Attending Church: Guidance for Parishioners
- Entrance to the church will be through the St James Square doors.
- When arriving and leaving the church please use the hand sanitising gel provided.
- You will have the opportunity to light a votive candle which is located in front of the font. Please use existing candle as the source of ignition.
- There is no holy water within the stoups.
- Please only use pews with a green tick symbol on them. Once the church is at capacity, you may sit in a non-green pew, but not directly behind other people - aim for a zig-zag approach. Stewards will advise you as appropriate: please follow their advice.
- At very busy times, there will be an overflow facility in the Old Priory. At A mass which is streamed, this will be relayed to the projector and speakers there.
- The direction of entrance into the church will be up the nave, as you depart, you are requested to leave via the side aisles, then in towards the crossing and out of the Clarence Street exit (Sundays) or the side doors (weekday Mass). Stewards will assist as required.
- Face coverings are mandatory other than for children under 11 years of age and for some with particular medical conditions. Signage advising seating limitations will be posted on pew ends.
- Those needing to make use of '2 meter social distancing' (including all those who have exemptions from wearing face masks) should use the individual chairs near to the lady chapel.
- The physical veneration of statues and crucifixes is not permitted.
- The seating areas will be cleaned following Mass when there is another service following on. Your help with this would be much appreciated - please ask the stewards on duty if they need some help.